Network of NGOs and Local Partners
Moya Trust Board of Trustees
Chair lady: Nosipho Gwebu Storer
Treasurer: Susan Jane Cox
Members: Anthonia McLeod, Anthony Marshak, Mandla Mazibuko
Partner High Schools:
Lobamba Lomdzala High School (LLHS) 467 students
Lobamba National High School (LNHS) 953 students
St John Bosco High School (St JBHS) 376 students
Partner Primary Schools:
Mphetseni Primary School 258 students
Mahlanya Community School 579 students
Bethany Mission School 530 students
Esitjeni Primary School 305 students
National and Regional Governmental Links
- Ministry of Education and Training and Regional Institute for Education and Training: Moya’s strategic plan is directly informed by the objectives set out in the National Plan of the MoET and the educational SDG’s of UNICEF. The Moya Centre frequently meets with:
– ETGPS: Department of Educational Guidance Testing and Psychological Services within MoET
– NCU: National Coordinating Unit for Schools as Centres of Support, Teaching and Learning within MoET
– SWAP: Sector Wide Approach to Planning coordinated by MoET officers.
- Regional Coordinating Unit: Moya is part of the ReO of Manzini and liaises frequently with its counseling department for Restorative Justice cases.
- Regional Psycho-Social Support Institute: Moya has mainstreamed its PSS programs with the technical support of REPSSI’s training and tools; the training manual “The Journey of Life”; and the 13 Social Connectedness cards.
- Domestic Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit at Malkerns Police Station: Moya’s PSS department works very closely with the DCS unit for any case in their area.
- Social Welfare, Headquarters and Manzini Office: Assistance is sought for Birth Certification and tricky cases of abuse.
Collaborations with NGOs
- Guba: Trained 4 caregivers, 2 staff members, and a parent of Moya in permaculture through their 18 month Growing Resilient Communities course.
- Swaziland Homeopathy Project: The clinics at Moya continue every fortnight for the 10th consecutive year.
- Vusumnotfo: Trained an ECD staff member and a Caregiver in “Growing children straight and strong”, a child development and parenting skills course to capacitate communities in parenting.
- Kwakha Indvodza: Moya collaborates with the male mentoring program in Mahlanya and co-facilitates the activities of Kaiizen on their annual visit.
- Nhloso Likhusasa Le’lichakazile: NLL provided financial and life skills support for 4 of Moya’s School leavers in ECD tertiary course programs and Secretarial training.
- Yebo Artreach: This year, Yebo completed the second half of the mosaic on Moya’s court yard and facilitated the Tibi Tendlu film screening and discussion which was funded by USAID.
- Umsimisi Community Project: Facilitated the first screening of Tibi Tendlu from the perspective of gender equality.
- Peace Corps Swaziland: Provided Moya with a Peace Corps Volunteer Aaron Levine this year
- FHI 360: Provided technical support to Moya in setting up two savings schemes.
- Kaiizen: A group of college students with accompanying staff visits annually and gives generously of their time in community service projects.
- Woza Moya: A sister CBO in Ixopo KZN of whom we received technical support in building staff capacity; ELMA Philanthropies was instrumental in brokering this relationship.
Participation in NGO Networks
- CANGO: Moya is a member of the children’s consortium
- ECD Network: Moya attends monthly meetings coordinated by Bantwana
- Maths and Science Department and Teachers Across Borders South Africa: Moya facilitated the link between MoE and TAB-SA. They promote interactive Maths and Science teaching through training Master Trainers of Teachers.
- SWANCEFA: Moya was represented in the 3 day workshop that was tasked to write a policy paper in EII – Early Identification and Intervention