Moya Centre is a grassroots community-based organization in which all departments and programs are interlinked to support every beneficiary holistically. Good communication between Moya staff members and strong team work – including with those working in the field (Community Caregivers and Youth Leaders) and partners (Police and Social Welfare officers) enable Moya to provide a safety net for orphans and vulnerable children within Lobamba Lomdzala constituency.
Our vision is a generation of self-sufficient, responsible young people who have survived adversity to lead Eswatini toward a stronger, healthier future.
Our mission to creating opportunities and provide a support network for disadvantaged children to realize their full potential throughout their school years promoting individual and communal wellbeing.
WHAT WE DO
HEALTHY PROACTIVE LIVING
- Kids Clubs – Healthy Lifestyle and SRH
- Youth Clubs – Youth social empowerment, Gender Equity and SRH
- Sponsored Student Gardens – permaculture and Food security
- Moya Kitchen
- Intergenerational Livestock Income Generation Projects
- Holistic High School Sponsorship
- Early Childhood Developtment (Pre Schools) – we have two preschools and are working on adding two more in the community
- Afternoon Club – Lifestyle Skills, Maths, English and reading
- Literature initiative – Book Dash donated books that learners read in classes, clubs and also take home
MENTAL HEALTH & PSYCHO-SOCIAL SUPPORT
- Mental Health Awareness and Psychosocial Support for children, individuals and families
- counselling and Monitoring Cases on GBV, Sexual Assault, Homelessness, Child neglect amongst other challenges
- Peer Supporters in schools and community
- Restorative Justice
- Child Protection Unit collaboration with local Police station
- Dignity Packs for both boys and girls in school
- Emergency Support for Food Security, Displacement and Police interventions
- Referrals from Community and other programs